According to a study by Kotak Wealth and Hurun India, HCL Technologies’ Chairperson Roshni Nadar Malhotra is India’s richest women in 2020, with a net worth of Rs 54,850 crore.
Nadar Malhotra was followed by Biocon’s Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw with a net worth of Rs 36,600 crore and Leena Gandhi Tewari, Chairperson of USV with a net worth of Rs 21,340 crore.
The cumulative wealth of the 100 women on the list is Rs 2.73 lakh crore, the study said, while their average age was 53 years.
Top 10 India’s richest women in 2020, as per the Kotak Wealth Hurun list, were:
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra, HCL Technologies: Rs 54,850 crore
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Biocon: Rs 36,600 crore
- Leena Gandhi Tewari, USV: Rs 21,340 crore
- Nilima Motaparti, Divi’s Laboratories: Rs 18,620 crore
- Radha Vembu, Zoho: Rs 11,590 crore
- Jayshree Ullal, Arista Networks: Rs 10,220 crore
- Renu Munjal, Hero FinCorp: Rs 8,690 crore
- Malika Chirayu Amin, Alembic Pharmaceuticals: Rs 7,570 crore
- Anu Aga & Meher Pudumjee, Thermax Ltd: Rs 5,850
- Falguni Nayar and family, Nykaa: Rs 5,410 crore
The listing is based on the net-worth of women as on 30 September and focuses exclusively on women who play an active role in their family business, entrepreneurs and professionals. The list includes only Indians, born or bred in India, and who are actively managing their businesses or are self-made.
Of the total 100 women in the list, 31 are self-made wealth creators, of which six are professional managers and 25 are entrepreneurs. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, who is also on the board of IT major Infosys, is the wealthiest self-made woman on the list.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed